Business Tools - SWOT Analysis
- Strengths: What advantages does the company have?
- What does the company do well?
- What unique or low cost resources does the company have access to?
- What do other companies in the market fear about your company?
- What are the good opportunities facing the company?
- What are the interesting trends in the company's market?
Useful opportunities can come from such things as:
- Changes in technology and markets on both a broad and narrow scale
- Changes in government policy related to the field
- Changes in social patterns, population profiles, lifestyle changes, etc.
- Local events
- What obstacles does the company face?
- What is their competition doing?
- Are the required specifications for the market, products or services changing?
- Is changing technology threatening the company's position?
- Does the company have bad debt or cash-flow problems?
- Could any of the weaknesses seriously threaten your business?